The SunGod Ultras™ are officially our most decorated sunglasses yet.
This spring, the Ultras™ - our first sunglasses designed specifically for runners - won not one but two international design awards, Red Dot and iF.
Rewarded for their zero-bounce design, 8KO® lens technology, and low-impact packaging, scroll to get a glimpse of the design features that paved the road to awards success for the Ultras™.
Frame: Zero-Bounce Design.
Precision engineered for total stability, no matter how far or fast you run.
- Ultra-lightweight and flexible arms. Ultralight, flexible memory polymer returns to shape when bent, creating an incredibly durable arm. Available in Infinite™ 100% recycled TR90, with a 7x lower carbon footprint than existing virgin frames.
- Modular construction. Offers total lens and frame convertibility at home. Plus, if you break your SunGods, we replace the broken part under our Lifetime Guarantee and send it back to you - free of charge.
- Zero-frame. For maximum peripheral vision on the road or trail.
- Maximum grip. Hydrophilic nose pads (in a choice of 4 sizes) and earsocks are attracted to moisture; the more you sweat, the more they grip.
Lens: 8KO® lens technology.
Market-leading 8KO® 2mm nylon lens material, which is lighter, stronger and clearer than industry-standard polycarbonate.
- Iris™ lenses. 10 interchangeable 8KO lenses available. Including 2 Iris™ photochromic lenses that lighten/darken in response to UV, removing the need to swap lenses in changing conditions.
- Ultimate clarity. 8KO® lenses offer market-leading clarity. With an Abbe Value of 53 against industry-standard polycarbonate's 30.
- Performance enhanced. Triple-layer scratch resistance, plus hydrophobic and oleophobic coatings to ensure lenses stay scratch- and moisture-free, no matter how tough the conditions.
- 100% UV protection. Lenses offer 100% UV protection, plus a range of VLTs from 11-89% for maximum adaptability in all conditions.
As a certified B Corp, we're committed to driving down emissions in every area on our journey to Net Zero.
- From plastic bottles to protective pouch. Microfibre pouch made from 100% recycled plastic bottles. Doubles up as a lens cloth and protective pouch, to minimise production emissions.
- Better materials. Recycled inner and outer boxes, with reduced magnets to improve recyclability.
- Improved design. Outer box designed to maximise sustainability messaging through opening experience, whilst maintaining a flat pack design for low volume during shipping.
- Recycled, recyclable, reusable. 100% recycled, recyclable and custom-sized mailer bags, cutting weight by 36% against non-custom bags. Featuring double seals so mailer bags can live a second life.
iF Design Award
Since 1954, the iF DESIGN AWARD - the world's oldest independent design organization - has been recognized as an arbiter of quality for excellent design. This year, the SunGod Ultras™ have won the world-renowned iF DESIGN AWARD in the Sports/Outdoor category.
SunGod Ultras™ won over the 133-member jury, made up of independent experts from all over the world, with their zero-bounce frameless design and 8KO® lens technology, combined in a unique running-specific design. The competition was intense: almost 11,000 entries were submitted from 56 countries in hopes of receiving the seal of quality.
Find out more: @ifdesign
Red Dot Design Award
The Ultras™ also claimed the win in the prestigious Red Dot Design Award. With around 20,000 entries per year, the Red Dot Design Award is one of the largest and most prestigious design competitions in the world. The best products each year are honoured with the Red Dot Award: Product Design. SunGod Ultras™ have been recognised with this prestigious label, proving their exceptional design quality in front of an independent, internationally respected design jury.
Find out more: @reddotdesignaward
The Ultras™ have cleaned up at this year's design awards, where they have been recognised for exceptional, sustainable design. The final design has been shaped by rounds of feedback from thousands of SunGod athletes, ambassadors and customers. With their input, we have been able to design a pair of running sunglasses that stands head and shoulders above the rest. To all of you who contributed - thank you!